Saturday, August 10, 2013

Therapy In Disguise: The Brain Drain

     There is nothing more therapeutic than messing around on my computer.  I can play video games.  I can be a hero or an asshole in The Walking Dead Game.  I can be a jerky merc or a humble hero in [Insert Alien/Zombie Invasion Tower Defense Title Here].

Watch out for those high-range power-sucking frigate thingies. Or whatever. 

     I can look up information on experimental music, 
like John Cage's Aria.  

...which inspires me to compose some crazy music if I have a second or two.

~~~~~~~~~~~

     I have endless possibilities for how to entertain my brain.  I can look up mindless factoids and additional information and cool videos from something I discovered through StumbleUpon.com .

I mean, who knew that places like these exist? 

     I use Google Earth to find random places such as the 
giant rabbit art display in Italy's Piedmont region  

or to look at the gigantic Richat Structure in Mauritania
   
     Wow, I could go on and on. And I will.  There's also the abandoned city settled on a coal mine that has been been burning since Memorial Day 1962.

   

     There are also some dudes who are crazy enough to film our diminishing glaciers.  They managed to capture the largest glacier calving on film. This one is seriously jaw-dropping. If you have Netflix, check out "Chasing Ice" and proceed to shut-your-mouth-you-look-like-a-codfish and have an extra Valium on hand.

   

     Filling my head with information seems to soothe my head and fill a void, that aching need, for knowledge.

No comments: